Dr. Sonia Malik is one of the pioneers in the field of infertility in India. A veteran obstetrician and gynaecologist with specialization in Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) & IVF, she has always dreamt of helping people and fulfilling their dream of having their own child.
Her area of expertise is in Advances in Assisted Reproductive Techniques (IVF, ICSI, IMSI), Reproductive Endocrinology & Immunology, Genital Tuberculosis and Premature Ovarian Failure.
Dr. Sonia Malik holds an M.B.B.S, DGO and an MD degree from Maharishi Dayanand University, Rohtak. She carries with her a professional experience of more than 3 decades and has executed over 7000 ART cycles. She has also practiced in countries like Iraq and Saudi Arabia and is proficient in English, Hindi, Punjabi & Arabic.
She has been the President, Indian Fertility Society, Chair – Infertility Committee, FOGSI, President Indian Menopause, Associate Editor, South-East Asia, Journal of Global Health, IFFS. She has also been Member Editorial Board Fertility & Sterility India, Member Editorial Board Journal of Reproductive health and Medicine, Editorial Board Journal of Fertility Science & Research & Editor in Chief, Journal of Midlife Health. She is also Member, ICMR Task Force on Genital Tuberculosis.
Dr. Sonia Malik is the Scientific Collaborator at the prestigious Reproductive Research Center, Cleveland Clinic, USA and has also conducted various training courses and workshops in India and abroad, based on subjects like IVF techniques, advanced hysteroscopic surgery, micromanipulation in art and many more. Her profound knowledge and outstanding contribution in the field of obstetrics, gynecology, infertility & IVF, is truly commendable
Dr. Malik has delivered numerous orations and talks at International and National Conferences and has contributed to numerous publications and many chapters to textbooks.
Academic Achievements: Dr Sonia Malik
- Published in peer reviewed National and International Journals 123 publications
- Chapters in books 47 chapters
- Conducted Drug trials both nationally and Internationally
- Invited speaker at national and international conferences
- Recognized center for IFS – AMITY & ICOG – FOGSI Fellowship in Reproductive medicine.
- Published Indian Guidelines for Management of PCOS in India
- Member, Team for publishing Index TB Guidelines for EPTB in India.
- FOGSI Best Paper award 1999
- ISAR Best paper presentation 1998
Academic Positions : Dr Sonia Malik
- Co Chair, International School for Menopausal studies, 2008 – 2011
- Chief Editor Journal of Midlife Health, 2009 – 2012
- Academic Collaborator, Cleveland clinic USA, 2010 – 2014
- Member task Force ICMR for research in Genital Tuberculosis,2010 – 2018
- Member ICMR PCOS Research Cell, 2015 – 2017
- Member ICMR Advisory cell for ART Guidelines, 2014 – 2019
- Member Editorial board Journal of Human Reproductive Sciences 2009 – to date
- Editorial board member Global Reproductive Health (IFFS), 2016 – to date.
- Editorial Board Member Fertility Sterility India, 2016 – to date • Editorial Board Member Fertility Science & Research, 2015 – to date