Dr Nalini Kaul Mahajan – Best IVF specialist in South Delhi India
Dr. Nalini Kaul Mahajan is a renowned infertility specialist and the Director and Head of IVF at Mother’s Lap IVF Centre, a leading fertility clinic in Delhi, India. With over 30 years of experience in the field of reproductive medicine, Dr. Mahajan is a trusted name in the industry and has helped numerous couples realize their dream of parenthood.
Dr. Nalini Kaul Mahajan completed her MBBS from the University of Delhi in 1982 and her MD in Obstetrics and Gynecology from the prestigious Maulana Azad Medical College in Delhi in 1986. She then went on to complete her Fellowship in Reproductive Medicine from the University of Ghent in Belgium in 1990.
Dr. Mahajan has been actively involved in research and teaching and has presented numerous papers at various national and international conferences. She has also published several research papers in various medical journals. Her areas of expertise include In Vitro Fertilization (IVF), Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI), Blastocyst Culture, and Pre-Implantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD).
Apart from her work at Mother’s Lap IVF Centre, Dr. Mahajan is also a visiting consultant at several other prestigious hospitals and clinics in Delhi. She is a member of several professional organizations, including the Federation of Obstetric and Gynaecological Societies of India (FOGSI), the Indian Society for Assisted Reproduction (ISAR), and the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE).
Areas of Interest and specialist
- Infertility management
- Recurrent IVF failure
- Poor Ovarian Reserve
- Advanced Maternal Age
- Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
- Genital Tuberculosis
- Onco Fertility (Fertility Preservation in Cancer Patients)
- Fertility Preservation in Non-Cancer Patients
- Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)
- Intrauterine & Intraovarian PRP Therapy
- ERA – Endometrial Receptivity Assay
- Egg /Sperm/Testicular Tissue/Embryo Freezing
- Pre – implantation genetic testing
- PGA-A – Preimplantation Genetic Testing-Aneuploidy
- PGT-M – Preimplantation Genetic Testing for Monogenetic disorders
- Third party reproduction – Donor IVF Programme & Surrogacy
- MBBS 1973, Lady Harding Medical College, New Delhi
- MD in Obstetrics and Gynaecology, 1979, Delhi University, Delhi
- Masters in Med, SCI (Assisted Reproduction Technology), 1994, University of Nottingham
- Training in Microsurgery Ethicon school of surgery Glasgow
- Training in Fertility Preservation Sheba Medical School. Tel Aviv Israel.
- Fellow of The Indian College of Obstetrics And Gynaecology.
In Private practice since 1983.
- Gynaecology & Obstetrics
- Infertility, Endoscopy & Assisted Reproductive Technology
- Fertility Preservation
Memberships (National & International)
- ASRM (American Society of Reproductive Medicine)
- ESHRE (European Society of Human Reproduction)
- ISFP (International Society for Fertility Preservation)
- ASFP (Asian Society for Fertility Preservation)
- IFS (Indian Fertility Society)
- ISAR (Indian Society for Assisted Reproduction)
- PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome)
- FOGSI(The federation of Obstetric and Gynecological Societies of India)
- President Asian Society of Fertility Preservation
- Founder President Fertility Preservation Society (India)
- Founder Secretary Asian Society of Fertility Preservation
- Board member International Society of Fertility Preservation
- Chief Editor ‘The Onco Fertility Journal
- Patron PCOS Society India
- Member Ethics committee of ISAR
- Past President. Indian Fertility Society.
- Member FIGO Task force
- Member Endometriosis committee
- Chairperson AOGD Reproductive Endocrinology Committee 2017-2019
- Member of FOGSI infertility committee 2002-3, 2003 -2007, 2008. 2011(Federation of Obstetrics and Gynaecological Societies of India.)
- Member of the Executive Council of the Indian Society of Assisted Reproduction.
- Hon.Clinical Secretary ISAR (Indian Society for Assisted Reproduction)2007 – 2009
- North Zone Co-ordinator ISAR (Indian Society for Assisted Reproduction)2007.
- Member Infertility Committee AOGD (Association of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Delhi) 2007-2009
- Member Perinatal and fetal medicine committee AOGD 2008- 2009.
Awards & Accomplishments
- Gold Medal for standing first in 10th board examination. J&K university
- President’s Gold Medal – standing first in MBBS. Delhi University.
- Pfizer Gold Medal for Best student in Medicine.
- Saraswat Chander Silver medal – best candidate MBBS
- Honours Master’s in ART
- Best paper presentation for Tubal Cannulation at World Congress at Calcutta in November’97
- Best paper presentation Embryology – Culture of Zona Free Blastocyst’ ISAR’99.
- Best paper presentation for ‘Ultrasound Guided Hysteroscopy’. IFS 2005
- Inca Life Sciences best paper award for short communications 2007 Kolkatta – ‘Evaluating the efficacy of hysteroscopic tubal cannulation as a treatment for proximal tubal occlusion
- First to perform ovarian tissue activation in India
- Established Mother and Child Hospital, 1995 (One of the first IVF centers in Delhi)
- Established state-of-the Art IVF Centers in Delhi NCR
- Founded Fertility Preservation Society (India), 2014
- Published FPSI Recommendations for Fertility Preservation in Indian patients
- Endometrial Receptivity – first Indian paper to be published on ERA (Endometrial Receptivity Assay).
- Recurrent IVF failure
- Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
- Genital Tuberculosis – prepared the AOGD guidelines for management of FGTB.
- Fertility Preservation – articles on fertility preservation in females and Breast cancer
- Prepared recommendations for Fertility preservation in Indian patients undergoing gonadotoxic therapy
- Convenor Education committee IFS
- Guide for Fellows in Reproductive medicine (MCH Fellowship)
- Invited faculty at all major national conferences
- Presented scientific papers at national and international forums
- Written original papers
- Written chapters for a number of books on Reproductive Medicine
- Hold Training workshops in ART