Samitivej Fertility Center : IVF treatment in Thailand
Samitivej Fetility center is dedicated to the idea of healthy, strong families and good for IVF Treatment in Thailand, IVF clinic in Thailand. This does not only mean taking care of ill family members, but also helping those who desperately want a family, bring that dream to life. With modern advancements and a fertility center equipped with top of the line technology and treatments, infertility is no longer the end of the road, IVF treatment in Thailand.
Our success rate for Samitivej Fertility Center thailand
Samitivej Fetility center (IVF treatment in Thailand) has treated Thai and Foreign national patients from more than 38 countries and has had a success rate of up to 44% (Calculated through analysis of patients seeking fertility treatment, as well as successful pregnancies and safe births taking place at Samitivej Hospitals only), IVF clinic in Thailand.
The fertility center offers the following technologies and treatments: IVF treatment in Thailand
Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) services : Samitivej Fetility center
- Evaluation and diagnosis
- Artificial insemination by intrauterine injection (IUI)
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
- Calcium Ionophore treatment for low fertilization after ICSI
- Blastocyst cultures
- In vitro fertilization (IVF)
- In vitro oocyte maturation (IVM)
Latest technology and services
- IVM with cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP) modulators
- Calcium Ionophore in ICSI
- Uterine receptivity test
- Mitochondrial DNA test (mtDNA test)
- Test for prostaglandins (PGs) before embryo transfer
- Egg freezing
- Embryo oocyte and sperm freezing
- Preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD)
- Preimplantation genetic screening (PGS): array CGH, next-generation sequencing (NGS)
Reproductive disorders and hormone-related issues
- Cysts and fibroids
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
Technology used in fertility treatments in IVF treament in Thailand
Samitivej Fetility center make use of the following diagnostic techniques: pelvic examination with a vaginal ultrasound scan; Hysterosalpingography; sperm analysis; sperm selection; hormonal assessment; assisted reproductive technologies, including IVF, E.T., ICSI, GIFT; sperm retrieval; and TESE in cases of male castration. Additionally, we provide surgery to reverse female castration (ovariectomy) as well as a number of other innovations in the field of medical science, as follows: IVF clinic in Thailand
- In vitro maturation (IVM): The first of its kind available in Thailand, this technique has been researched and developed at Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital, where we have achieved a completely safe form of treatment that also closely mirrors nature. This means that patients experience none of the pain or risk that can be associated with hormonal stimulation.
- Improved fertility rates and increased chance of conception with calcium ionophore technique. This substance is used alongside assisted reproductive technologies at Samitivej after being researched and developed to be successful in helping couples conceive.
- Preimplantation genetic screening (PGS): This involves analysis of chromosome numerical abnormalities and potential embryo irregularities such as short-arm pairs of chromosomes that could increase a child’s risk of being born with Down syndrome.
- Preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD): Once a genetic irregularity has been detected, healthy embryos – free from genetic issues – can be transplanted back into the womb.
- Uterine receptivity test: This involves assessing the readiness of the women’s uterus prior to embryo implantation, including analysis of all 238 genes associated with uterine maturation and screening of the mitochondrion, which are the energy sources of embryonic cells, and can therefore increase the chance of successful conception by up to 50%.
The right treatment plan for you
At the Samitivej Fetility center, is it important that you feel comfortable and confident in your fertility treatment plan. We guide you completely from consultation and general assessment through implantation. Each woman is different, and our treatment plans are catered to your individual needs.
Our Embryology Laboratory utilizes state of the art technology and a natural, calming environment to optimize the chances of pregnancy. We take every aspect into consideration; everything is regulated to ensure that the chances of becoming pregnant are at maximum potential. We will be there from the initial assessment, through to the embryo transfer. Our treatment packages include:
- Preparing for Infertility Treatment: Initial assessment and specialist consultation
- Beginning Infertility Treatment: Last evaluation before starting hormonal injections
- Follow up hormonal level monitoring
- Ovum and sperm pick up
- Preimplantation Genetics Screening (PGS)
- Preimplantation Genetics Diagnosis (PGD)
- Endometrial receptivity analysis (ERA)
- Embryo transfer
For more information about the package and price estimation, please click here.
Why Bangkok’s Samitivej Fertility Center?
Samitivej Fetility center is proud to be the pioneer of In Vitro Maturation (IVM) treatment in Thailand. IVM is one of the safest and more affordable treatments available to women experiencing issues with fertility, with a success rate of 40 percent per ovum pick up. One of the newer procedures, many women choose this option because of its elevated success rate and shorter treatment regimen (a period of two weeks).
With IVM, the eggs are collected at an early stage and then matured in the lab. They are carefully monitored and primed to reach their optimal fertilization goal, IVF clinic in Thailand.
Our embryology laboratory utilizes international standard and state-of-the-art technology to provide infertile patients with a natural embryonic environment to increase pregnancy rate. In this laboratory, we can provide treatment to more infertile couples while still maintaining the same medical standards as before. The laboratory’s unique features include:
- Non-Fluorescent light which is safe for embryos.
- An air shower which reduces the body’s particle levels to match the lab’s (1,000 particles per cubic foot).
- Eggs are kept at 37 degrees celsius, the same temperature as the mother’s body. After the ovum pickup process, the eggs are put in the Pass Box before being transferred into the lab where a medical technician can immediately start the fertilization procedure. This procedure keeps the eggs in the best possible condition.
- Hepa-filters are installed in the ceiling to filter outside air, resulting in an environment devoid of toxins and bacteria.
- Materials for our equipment are chosen with the purpose of keeping the embryos in the best condition. For example, the gas cable is made from stainless steel which keeps the quality of the gas constant.
- If the humidity is too high, the room, the equipment and the eggs may become moldy. Therefore, the humidity is meticulously controlled in the laboratory and IVF treatment in Thailand
Before coming to Thailand for IVF
Our doctors advise a basic fertility workup for couples intending to travel to Thailand for IVF.
This allows for the doctor to check your fertility status and ensure there are no findings in your report that can thwart the chances of IVF success.
Of course, you can get these tests in Thailand (where they are obviously cheaper) but if you are travelling only for IVF it is advisable to get the tests locally and send in the reports. You wouldn’t want to travel half-way across the globe only to find your Thai IVF doctor recommend against IVF.
While some specific tests may be required for you, the general tests advised for everyone are:
Males: IVF treatment in Thailand
- CBC, Blood group, HB typing
- Semen analysis
Female: IVF treatment in Thailand
- General physical examination with BMI
- Pelvic examination and pap smear of cervix
- Transvaginal ultrasound on day 12 of menstrual cycle
- Blood test on day 2 of period: FSH, LH, Prolactin, Estradiol, AMH
- CBS, Blood group, HB typing, Anti-HIV, VDRL, Anti HCV, HBsAg, Rubella IgG, Thyroid function test, CA 125
How to select your IVF clinic in Thailand?
We check for the following in a clinic/doctor, and recommend you do the same: IVF treatment in Thailand
- Credibility of the hospital and patient feedback
- Credentials and expertise of the doctor
- Honesty and reliability in medical practice
In addition, you should check for language compatibility (English in Thailand could be a little bit of a problem, but not so much in major hospitals and tourist places that regularly get Western tourists).
Although, the claims of exceptionally high success rates in IVF could be misleading, it does not hurt to ask the doctor for success in cases just like yours.
It is important here to ask for the chances of success in cases that had similar conditions as you, instead of going for the overall success rate, which reflects plenty of couples with minor or major problems that may not be relevant to you.
Many patients here find the level of care and consideration in Thailand’s IVF clinics to be better than what they got back home.
Is donor egg IVF allowed in Thailand?
IVF with commercial donor eggs is banned by the Govt. of Thailand and no registered clinic will offer this service.
You can consider IVF with donor eggs in Malaysia, where some of our leading doctors have been able to produce up to 79.5% success rates.
You can also find here, our other destinations for IVF with donor eggs.
What is cost of the IVF in Bangkok?
The cost of IVF in Bangkok starts from THB 175,000 or $5,500 inclusive of medications, doctor’s and anesthesiologist’s fee, egg retrieval, fertilization and lab fee, embryo culture, and freezing of additional embryos. The cost can go up to $11,500, with additional services like genetic screening of embryos, assisted hatching, etc.